Vegan – Healthy – Summer
A fridge staple salad to pair with your favourite main dish, pack up with a protein for a day out or just grab a hearty forkful when you’re peckish.
This colourful dish is made with fresh ingredients that can likely be found around the kitchen or easily sourced from the shops.
Prep & serve in 10 mins!
- 2 cups multi coloured cherry tomatoes – quartered
- 1 cucumber – chopped into cubes
- 1 small red onion – diced
- 1 avocado – chopped
- 410g tinned chickpeas
- ½ handful flat parsley leaves – chopped
- ½ lemon zest
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (of your choice)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ handful parsley leaves – coarsely chopped
Whisk ingredients together in a bowl and keep refrigerated until needed!
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, add them to a large salad bowl with the lemon zest and garlic
- Add your halved tomatoes, diced red onion, chopped cucumber and avocado
- Add seasonings accordingly
- Drizzle over your dressing and give your salad a good stir to ensure all ingredients are combined
- Just before your serve, give the salad some extra seasoning with by sprinkling over chilli flakes and the remaining parsley leaves
Refrigerate for up to 3 days – store your salad in the fridge as leftovers and continue to stir the ingredients together each time you use it.